The cat is out of the bag. The typical Business Travel Hotel stay has changed. Business travel bookings will no longer be judged solely on time to destination, or cost, but will now need to include clear health policies to keep residents safe.
In the coming months we will witness which companies are agile enough to react, and those who will crumble under the pressure of increased staff workload, and lack of organisational dynamism.
Of course there will be some who will hope for ‘back to normal’ for business travel; but too much money has been lost for travel to return to what it was like ‘Pre-COVID’.
So, what does ‘Post-COVID’ travel and hotel stays look like?
James Beagrie spoke to Tanya Clifford, Vice-President Hilton Worldwide Sales to find out.
Tanya, “You may have seen our Hilton ‘CleanStay’ Initiative?”.
James “Yes, as you were one of the first to lead in this area and with such extensive policies, we wanted to reach out and find out what it would mean for our customers and what they can expect when staying at a Hilton Hotel.”
Overview of the Initiative
The Hilton CleanStay initiative looks to provide prospective guests with reassurance and peace of mind through building upon the already high standards of housekeeping and hygiene at Hilton properties.
The roll out launches globally in June, and is looking at an extensive range of measures to ensure a cleaner and safer stay from check-in to check-out. You can also watch a walkthrough video, of what it may look like.
- Hilton CleanStay Room Seal to indicate that guest rooms haven’t been accessed since they were cleaned
- Extra disinfection of top 10 high touch areas in guest rooms including light switches and door handles
- Increased cleaning frequency of public areas
- Guest-accessible disinfecting wipes at entrances and high traffic areas
- Enhanced cleaning for fitness centres
- Reduced paper amenities (like pads and guest directories) in rooms
- Enhanced cleaning and other changes to buffets, in-room dining and meeting spaces
- Industry-leading contactless check-in and check-out with Digital Key at more than 4,700 properties globally
- Evaluation of new technologies like electrostatic sprayers with disinfecting mist and ultraviolet light to sanitise surfaces and objects
- Enhanced Team Member safety and well-being with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols
Travel managers across the globe are looking for hotels to provide clear COVID cleaning policies. If you have any questions about staying safe whilst travelling please get in touch: email@example.com