We are in the help business. We never close. Open 24 hours a day 365 days a year the Meon Group is a Hampshire based professional buyer for worldwide travel requirements. Founded in 2002, we deliver three core specialities of Leisure Travel, Corporate Business Travel and 24 hour Emergency Assistance, underpinned by a hunger for excellence and proven appetite for quality, care and value.
Every time we answer the phone we either save a life, solve a problem or fulfill a dream.
Work for an award-winning travel group
Our customers range from private clients through to global brands including the UK’s best SMEs, corporates and multi-national insurance and assistance providers and more recently, new market entrants seeking to extend their brand reach by including travel.
Our staff…Like a fine coffee…
Our unique Meon Valley Travel Group is a recipe of talent, experience and knowledge balanced with a little spirit has been developed over the years giving an authentic maturity, perfectly blended for the discerning palate. When harvested we infuse our raw knowledge with value to reach our customers best expectations. We are proud of our consultants, we believe they are the best. We are the only independently owned travel company that actively invests in every step of the process from sourcing the brightest beans to cultivating the best taste. We believe in fair trade and look after every team member so they can caringly tailor the best experience with the best taste.
Please note: We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies.
This is an exciting role with excellent OTE potential dedicated to developing existing and new client opportunities throughout the UK. The aim is to identify, secure and develop profitable business predominantly from existing SME clients whilst also supporting the Sales team secure new business opportunities.
This role will involve close collaboration with individual divisional management teams and supporting marketing, bids, and pre-sales colleagues.
– Develop and maintain relationships of key clients and prospects to drive additional revenue
– Identify and target key decision-makers and key influencers across all prospect organisations and develop strong relationships to develop new business opportunities
– Act as a first point of contact: dealing with correspondence and phone calls
– Manage diaries and organise meetings and appointments for Sales team
– Produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations
– This role is office based but will require occasional travel requirement
– Strong commercial acumen, common sense and an eye for detail
– Exceptional written and oral communication skills
– Excellent Word and Excel processing, IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages
– Good presentation skills
– The ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely
– Ability to develop relationships and grow existing relationship
– Good understanding of Travel. Relevant experience advantageous
– Experience of selling travel and/or marketing/design competencies would be distinctly advantageous
– Highly personable with good networking skills
– Credible degree of common sense and commercial awareness
– Strong academic background and hunger for new challenges
– Account and Relationship Management
– Business Development
– Sales Support and Design
We are currently recruiting for experienced Business Travel Consultants to join our vibrant team. So, if you are crying out for a new challenge, needing a bit more fun in life and wanting the best reward from your work, why not consider Meon? We are looking for dynamic Business Travel Consultants who have experience of working with high end travel accounts where personality matters and service is a prerequisite.
Daily duties of the Senior Business Travel Consultant:
- – Booking long and short haul travel through a GDS
- – Using Nett and Published fares
- – Providing most cost affect solutions when booking flights using Nett, Published, and CAT35 fares
- – Booking hotels, car hire
- – Arranging transfers and rail travel
- – Looking after all aspects of travel requests ensuring they are dealt with within agreed SLA’s.
Skills and experience required of the Senior Business Travel Consultant:
- – Ideally 2/4 years’ experience working within a business travel management company
- – Fully conversant with how to issue/reissue tickets for all ticket types (published, CAT35, Route Deals) using Galileo GDS
- – A strong corporate background and previous experience with a variety of accounts
- – Proven customer service skills and communication skills
- – Excellent knowledge of hotel bookings, passport and visas, UK Rail and other ancillary products
- – Strong team work ethic required, but must also be able to work unsupervised when required.
How to apply
For more information or to apply for one of our current vacancies please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies.
Didn’t find the position you were looking for? Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com