We are in the help business. We never close. Open 24 hours a day 365 days a year the Meon Group is a Hampshire based professional buyer for worldwide travel requirements. Founded in 2002, we deliver three core specialities of Leisure Travel, Corporate Business Travel and 24 hour Emergency Assistance, underpinned by a hunger for excellence and proven appetite for quality, care and value.
Every time we answer the phone we either save a life, solve a problem or fulfill a dream.
Work for an award-winning travel group
Our customers range from private clients through to global brands including the UK’s best SMEs, corporates and multi-national insurance and assistance providers and more recently, new market entrants seeking to extend their brand reach by including travel.
Our staff…Like a fine coffee…
Our unique Meon Valley Travel Group is a recipe of talent, experience and knowledge balanced with a little spirit has been developed over the years giving an authentic maturity, perfectly blended for the discerning palate. When harvested we infuse our raw knowledge with value to reach our customers best expectations. We are proud of our consultants, we believe they are the best. We are the only independently owned travel company that actively invests in every step of the process from sourcing the brightest beans to cultivating the best taste. We believe in fair trade and look after every team member so they can caringly tailor the best experience with the best taste.
Please note: We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies.
This is an exciting role with excellent OTE potential dedicated to developing existing and new client opportunities throughout the UK. The aim is to identify, secure and develop profitable business predominantly from existing SME clients whilst also supporting the Sales team secure new business opportunities.
This role will involve close collaboration with individual divisional management teams and supporting marketing, bids, and pre-sales colleagues.
– Develop and maintain relationships of key clients and prospects to drive additional revenue
– Identify and target key decision-makers and key influencers across all prospect organisations and develop strong relationships to develop new business opportunities
– Act as a first point of contact: dealing with correspondence and phone calls
– Manage diaries and organise meetings and appointments for Sales team
– Produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations
– This role is office based but will require occasional travel requirement
– Strong commercial acumen, common sense and an eye for detail
– Exceptional written and oral communication skills
– Excellent Word and Excel processing, IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages
– Good presentation skills
– The ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely
– Ability to develop relationships and grow existing relationship
– Good understanding of Travel. Relevant experience advantageous
– Experience of selling travel and/or marketing/design competencies would be distinctly advantageous
– Highly personable with good networking skills
– Credible degree of common sense and commercial awareness
– Strong academic background and hunger for new challenges
– Account and Relationship Management
– Business Development
– Sales Support and Design
We are looking for an ambitious person who can build a team and continue to grow a thriving groups division. We are looking for someone with current experience of working with group bookings and airfares who is looking to further their career.
As a Groups Aviation Manager, you will be responsible for managing the division from prospecting new customers and managing existing client relationships. assisting on group flight bookings for a variety of events and trips throughout the world, assisting with all air requirements and providing excellent customer service.
Key responsibilities and duties of the Group Aviation Manager:
- – To manage existing client relationships and help bringing new business
- – To be able to distribute and price fares across Amadeus and Travelport GDS
- – Booking of group reservations across Amadeus and Travelport GDS
- – Experience in using airline specific web-based and drop-through systems.
- – To communicate new fares, changes, updates to relevant internal and external customers
- – To help reduce losses from airline ADMs
- – To respond quickly to fare queries from customers
- – To identify outstanding fares that will be commercially beneficial for the business to promote
- – Management of travel suppliers and negotiation of fares and terms and conditions
- – Setting and implementing group travel schedules and general practices
- – Budget management
- – Identify and manage work load priorities for the wider team and escalate issues as they arise
- – Be able to work flexible hours when necessary
- – Ensure all invoicing is accurate and up to date
- – Manage credit card reconciliation
- – Ensure all SLA’s and KPI’s are consistently met
- Skills and experience required of the Groups Aviation Manager:
– A proven track record in delivering group projects
– A minimum of three years of corporate travel experience is a must
– Proficient with using both Amadeus and Travelport GDS, along with the airline specific web-based and drop-through systems
– Excellent fare and ticketing knowledge, including published, net, group and consolidator fare types
– Experience in using the Microsoft Office suite, Excel and Word in particular
– Strong administration, communication and attention to detail skills
– Ability to balance and effectively prioritise a heavy and pressured workload to meet deadlines
– Competent in setting and measuring objectives
– A creative approach to problem solving
– Comfortable and capable with negotiation
– Self-starter and team player
– A passion for travel and can-do attitude
– Joining Meon on a full time, permanent basis, you will receive a highly competitive salary whilst working in a fun and dynamic environment.
We are currently recruiting for experienced Business Travel Consultants to join our vibrant team. So, if you are crying out for a new challenge, needing a bit more fun in life and wanting the best reward from your work, why not consider Meon? We are looking for dynamic Business Travel Consultants who have experience of working with high end travel accounts where personality matters and service is a prerequisite.
Daily duties of the Senior Business Travel Consultant:
- – Booking long and short haul travel through a GDS
- – Using Nett and Published fares
- – Providing most cost affect solutions when booking flights using Nett, Published, and CAT35 fares
- – Booking hotels, car hire
- – Arranging transfers and rail travel
- – Looking after all aspects of travel requests ensuring they are dealt with within agreed SLA’s.
Skills and experience required of the Senior Business Travel Consultant:
- – Ideally 2/4 years’ experience working within a business travel management company
- – Fully conversant with how to issue/reissue tickets for all ticket types (published, CAT35, Route Deals) using Galileo GDS
- – A strong corporate background and previous experience with a variety of accounts
- – Proven customer service skills and communication skills
- – Excellent knowledge of hotel bookings, passport and visas, UK Rail and other ancillary products
- – Strong team work ethic required, but must also be able to work unsupervised when required.
We provide a qualified specialist booking service for the World-wide Medical Emergency Assistance Industry and Out of Hours support for Business Travel Agents. Our focus is on servicing World Wide Medical Emergency Assistance requirements with the pre-requisite of frighteningly stringent service levels and provable cost benefits.
We have succeeded in establishing markedly favourable relationships with a significant proportion of the UK Insurance Industry and our ambitions now extend beyond International borders – to providing a Worldwide Centre of Excellence, supporting the Global Assistance Industry, based here in the UK.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
– To offer and book travel and hotel accommodation to our Emergency Assistance clients creating viable itineraries at optimum value in an ‘immediate environment’.
– To creatively support and understand our clients assistance needs and offer best professional advice to solve travel and transportation problems and timing, with care.
– To see through case management from enquiry through booking, to PTA set-up, follow-up, reporting, and MI capture whilst ensuring effective prioritisation and smooth operational work flow.
– To anticipate and implement fluid and evolving operational procedures to ensure growth of client satisfaction and share problem solving skills so maximising on the efficiency of the department and colleagues.
– To capture and inform colleagues and management of relevant new information regarding procedures, client and supplier relationships and needs, and be involved in contributing new ideas and standards in a growing business.
Client / Supplier Liaison & Customer Service:
– Develop and maintain rapport with client contacts and travel arrangers to ensure delivery of quality to meet client expectations
– Respond to client enquiries and needs in an expedient, efficient and courteous manner whilst retaining individual personality, professionalism and flair
– Ensure all client reports and MI requirements are completed accurately and in a timely manner. Effectively liaise with management and finance when errors occur and to address any identifiable cause
– Maintain good relations with all suppliers and cultures worldwide whilst anticipating, supporting and amicably resolving potential third party service delivery failures, so as to protect our clients’ best interests
– Effect and support ongoing pre-emptive communication to travellers and travel arrangers to accurately manage client expectations of optimum service delivery
– Ensure all ticketing and itineraries, both UK & overseas, are checked and produced to agreed time, accuracy and quality expectations
– Ensure smooth and fully informative handover between shift teams and colleagues
– Attention to detail and accuracy
– Time management
– Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
– Strong communication skills including an excellent telephone manner
– Problem analysis
– Problem solving
– Common sense
Dependent upon skills and experience. The single rating of hourly remuneration reflects social and unsocial hours, Bank Holidays and weekends and does not differentiate between shifts, days or timings.
24 hour office
3 shifts per 24hrs – mix and matching shifts to suit business and personal needs
Late (Monday-Friday) 13:00-22:00
Late (Saturday & Sunday) 13:00-21:00
Full-time average 40 hours per week
How to apply
For more information or to apply for one of our current vacancies please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies.
Didn’t find the position you were looking for? Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com