We are in the help business. We never close. Open 24 hours a day 365 days a year the Meon Group is a Hampshire based professional buyer for worldwide travel requirements. Founded in 2002, we deliver three core specialities of Leisure Travel, Corporate Business Travel and 24 hour Emergency Assistance, underpinned by a hunger for excellence and proven appetite for quality, care and value.
Every time we answer the phone we either save a life, solve a problem or fulfill a dream.
Work for an award-winning travel group
Our customers range from private clients through to global brands including the UK’s best SMEs, corporates and multi-national insurance and assistance providers and more recently, new market entrants seeking to extend their brand reach by including travel.
Our staff…Like a fine coffee…
Our unique Meon Valley Travel Group is a recipe of talent, experience and knowledge balanced with a little spirit has been developed over the years giving an authentic maturity, perfectly blended for the discerning palate. When harvested we infuse our raw knowledge with value to reach our customers best expectations. We are proud of our consultants, we believe they are the best. We are the only independently owned travel company that actively invests in every step of the process from sourcing the brightest beans to cultivating the best taste. We believe in fair trade and look after every team member so they can caringly tailor the best experience with the best taste.
Please note: We DO NOT accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies.
Group Aviation Manager
We are looking for an ambitious person who can build a team and continue to grow a thriving groups division. We are looking for someone with current experience of working with group bookings and airfares who is looking to further their career.
As a Groups Aviation Manager, you will be responsible for managing the division from prospecting new customers and managing existing client relationships. assisting on group flight bookings for a variety of events and trips throughout the world, assisting with all air requirements and providing excellent customer service.
Key responsibilities and duties of the Group Aviation Manager:
- To manage existing client relationships and help bringing new business
- To be able to distribute and price fares across Amadeus and Travelport GDS
- Booking of group reservations across Amadeus and Travelport GDS
- Experience in using airline specific web-based and drop-through systems.
- To communicate new fares, changes, updates to relevant internal and external customers
- To help reduce losses from airline ADMs
- To respond quickly to fare queries from customers
- To identify outstanding fares that will be commercially beneficial for the business to promote
- Management of travel suppliers and negotiation of fares and terms and conditions
- Setting and implementing group travel schedules and general practices
- Budget management
- Identify and manage work load priorities for the wider team and escalate issues as they arise
- Be able to work flexible hours when necessary
- Ensure all invoicing is accurate and up to date
- Manage credit card reconciliation
- Ensure all SLA’s and KPI’s are consistently met
Skills and experience required of the Groups Aviation Manager:
- A proven track record in delivering group projects
- A minimum of three years of corporate travel experience is a must
- Proficient with using both Amadeus and Travelport GDS, along with the airline specific web-based and drop-through systems
- Excellent fare and ticketing knowledge, including published, net, group and consolidator fare types
- Experience in using the Microsoft Office suite, Excel and Word in particular
- Strong administration, communication and attention to detail skills
- Ability to balance and effectively prioritise a heavy and pressured workload to meet deadlines
- Competent in setting and measuring objectives
- A creative approach to problem solving
- Comfortable and capable with negotiation
- Self-starter and team player
- A passion for travel and can-do attitude
Joining Meon on a full time, permanent basis, you will receive a highly competitive salary whilst working in a fun and dynamic environment.
Experienced Business Travel Consultants
Leicester and Petersfield
We are currently recruiting for experienced Business Travel Consultants to join our vibrant team. So, if you are crying out for a new challenge, needing a bit more fun in life and wanting the best reward from your work, why not consider Meon? We are looking for dynamic Business Travel Consultants who have experience of working with high end travel accounts where personality matters and service is a prerequisite.
Daily duties of the Senior Business Travel Consultant:
- Booking long and short haul travel through a GDS
- Using Nett and Published fares
- Providing most cost affect solutions when booking flights using Nett, Published, and CAT35 fares
- Booking hotels, car hire
- Arranging transfers and rail travel
- Looking after all aspects of travel requests ensuring they are dealt with within agreed SLA’s.
Skills and experience required of the Senior Business Travel Consultant:
- Ideally 2/4 years’ experience working within a business travel management company
- Fully conversant with how to issue/reissue tickets for all ticket types (published, CAT35, Route Deals) using Galileo GDS
- A strong corporate background and previous experience with a variety of accounts
- Proven customer service skills and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of hotel bookings, passport and visas, UK Rail and other ancillary products
- Strong team work ethic required, but must also be able to work unsupervised when required.
If you are a people person, looking to realise your best career ambitions giving world class service to some exceptional businesses, please send your CV in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
For more information or to apply for one of our current vacancies please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Note: We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies.
Didn’t find the position you were looking for? Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org