The cruise industry is booming. It’s an industry worth $126bn* with the number of passengers choosing a cruise holiday at an impressive 27.2m in 2018,
NorthEdge Capital drives efficiency by increasing online adoption to drive down costs
NorthEdge Capital manages a £225 million private equity fund aimed at lower mid-market buy-out and development capital transactions. They invest in likeminded businesses and management teams who have real ambition and the potential to shape global markets from the North of England.
NorthEdge Capital wanted to enhance their business travel programme by the introduction of the MEONline self-booking tool which would centralise booking methods and reduce the number of bookings going through the Meon Valley Business Travel offline solution; thus driving down costs and improving on efficiencies.
• Meon built NorthEdge Capitals’s unique branded site for travel bookers lending direct access to self-book travel requirements for the Executive Team.
• Meon worked with NorthEdge Capital driving online adoption with an intelligent programme providing training to users and monitoring adoption, savings and return on investment (ROI).
• Instant access via the tool to Management Information Reporting data such as Fare Comparisons, City Flows, Invoice Summary details and depart mental expenditure, combined with Meon’s standard suite of reporting captures offline and online travel expense, highlighting savings achieved and any missed saving opportunities.
• The support and communication engagement strategy enabled Meon to implement the change successfully.
• The training and system build of the tailored online tool ensured all NorthEdge Capital bookers and staff utilising the system were comfortable with the new procedures.
• The Management Information Reporting summaries enabled NorthEdge Capital to have visibility on the savings achieved by the introduction of an online booking solution.
• NorthEdge Capital has seen a significant reduction in per capital spend since the introduction of the MEONline self-booking.
We believe our track record and the way we conduct ourselves sets us apart, and we put smart thinking and logical decision-making at the centre of everything we do. We share clearly defined objectives with our key suppliers who themselves deliver unique attributes. Meon Valley Travel Group provides exciting business innovation as well as the core dependencies upon which we treasure their support. Self-booking has improved efficiencies giving instant access to travel timings, pricing and the ability to book at any time. Meon has helped us further best practice and policy adoption with minimal resistance and instant results.
Talk to us about business travel
Experts in travel: Our latest articles
Low cost carriers can offer great value and flexibility when travelling on domestic or shorthaul flights. Whilst you might be aware of some of the
Family travel over Christmas can be exciting but it is also a busy period and with queues, long distances to walk and a lot of