American International Group Inc (AIG) is a leading international insurance organisation serving customers in more than 130 countries.
Reducing data entry by 80%
The goal was to improve productivity when booking travel within their workforce, and one of the reasons AIG adopted a travel management system. AIG opted for the Hermes operational platform which has delivered an immediate 80% reduction of all data input enabling bookers and consultant’s reallocation of time from administration to making informed booking choices.
Effective reporting for business travel
AIG wished to streamline communication and performance visibility between AIG global hubs for travel management. The objective was to measure report and record in a meaningful manner centrally highlighting cultural, behavioural and purchasing variances between countries and local country management. Also, to minimise process, eliminate errors and cultivate immediate communication adopting best practice and new technology whilst remaining compatible with an existing global operating platform.
Training and support
Meon Valley Travel developed ‘Hermes’, a bespoke operating application compatible with AIG’s Liberty global operation system; creating automatic pre-population of travel requests, policy requirements, authorisations and travel itinerary communication.
Meon Valley Travel adopted telephone coaching for new staff. Mentoring by phone has been added to supplement Meon’s support of AIG internal training for travellers and managers.
Meon Valley Travel provide regular consulting services to ensure AIG is fully supported with all Meon’s divisional strengths aiding adoption including Staff Travel benefits, FCA compliance, Corporate Social Responsibility by jurisdiction, Disaster Recovery and new technologies.
• The Hermes operational platform has delivered an immediate 80% reduction of all data input enabling bookers and consultant’s reallocation of time from administration to making informed booking choices.
• In addition to efficiencies gained, reports enjoy the total elimination of input error between managers, travellers and Meon Valley Travel Group which has enabled a resource reduction for AIG.
• Direct attributable savings to smart buying have been realised by AIG at a further 9% betterment.
• Extra time has been allowed by the new efficiencies enabling more effective management of booker and traveller behaviour through mentoring, counselling, consultation and training.
• AIG has been able to open new global territories servicing worldwide travel needs with immediate implementation and adoption of best practice.
What Our Customers Say
Claim 3 Months Fee Free Travel
We are determined to help get business moving again.
Start to book your business travel through us and we’ll give you the first 3 months fee free.